Paper or Plastik Cafe
Ten things I love about Paper or Plastik Cafe (because sometimes you just need to make lists):
1. Intelligentsia Sugar Glider espresso--sweet brown sugary tasting, with a spicy aftertaste (they also carry Handsome Coffee and Coava)
2. Synesso Machine
3. No-snobbery baristas
4. Sqirl Preserves (and many other local ingredients)
5. Their magazines: Gather, Lucky Peach, Kinfolk
6. Laptop-free weekends
7. Good food! All day long (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
8. Lovely espresso cups served with sparkling water
9. Upstairs and outdoor seating
10. Probably the only decent coffee shop on Pico
One thing that makes me sad about Paper or Plastik Cafe:
1. Their espresso could be even better, I know it!
Recommend: There's an overwhelming amount of good food on their menu--try something that looks good to you! My sister had their breakfast sandwich (Chive biscuit, fig jam, scrambled eggs, greens, bacon, etc.) and loved it!
Note: They have a lot of great events going on at this neighborhood location-- check em out! Especially their Summer Dinners going on right now with a fantastic looking prix fixe menu.
Vibe: Neighborhood, laid-back
Espresso Rating: 7.5/10
Overall Rating: 8.5/1
Hours: Everyday 7am-10pm